We are looking for a new drummer for our covers band, someone who:
* Likes and wants to play the same type of music we play (see below)
* Plays for the fun rather than the money. We don't gig that often at the moment as none of us has the time to chase gigs
* Gets along well with our little collective both musically and socially
* Doesn't need to be loud to sound good
* is versatile and not afraid to tackle songs beyond the usual classic rock pub rock fare
* Is available to rehearse in the Eastern Suburbs, usually on Sunday afternoons (afternoon tea provided)
We are L.i.D, comprising of Steve on Bass, Bruno on Keys, Mark on Guitar and Janet on Lead Vocals.
We are all around 50, live in Sydney and are very happy to get paid to play in pubs, clubs or private functions but do not rely on the band for income. In fact all our earnings, so far, have been put towards our excellent stage equipment and promo material.
When it comes to song selection, we like to try to pick tunes everyone knows and loves but few bands play.. so no "April Sun in Cuba" for us but we do wow our audience with "Ashes to ashes" or "Drops of Jupiter" or "Everybody wants to rule the world". We do like to stretch ourselves musically but always keeping it fun.
We very much enjoy the process of learning new songs, perfecting our current set list and putting the L.i.D twist on our arrangements. We play tracks from all eras with a soft spot for the 80s, where we can make good use of Bruno's synthesisers.
We have our own little rehearsal space in the Eastern Suburbs where we can leave our gear set up which make rehearsals convenient and fun
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Sep 02 2014
- Active within 24 hours
- Level of commitment:
- Years together:
- Gigs played:
- 10 to 50
- Tend to practice:
- 1 time per week
- 54 years
Play songs from all eras but have a soft spot for the 80s.
Members Of Band
Steve - Bass/vocals
Mark - Guitar/vocals
Bruno - Keyboards/vocals
Janet - Lead Vocals/percussion
Full stage set up including excellent PA system and lights.